I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Christmas is right around the corner so it’s time to get started decorating your home for the Holidays. The next few weeks I’ll be sharing some inexpensive, easy DIY decorating ideas with my Rancho Interior Design clients. If you have ideas, please send them to me and I will share them on my blog.
1. I love using natural elements in my decorating. Gather natural branches or find them at your local craft or floral supply store and spray paint them silver or gold. Place them in different size and shape vases for an elegant display. You can add ribbon or ornaments for an even more festive look.
2. Decorate with ornaments in a sophisticated way. Gather clear glass tumbler vases in different heights and sizes. Purchase glass ornaments in 1 or 2 colors. Fill the glass vases with the ornaments and arrange the vases as a collection. Use an odd number of vases which is most appealing visually. You can add candles in glass vases or small votive candles to the display for even more impact. The display will be beautiful when the light reflects off all the glass vases.
3. A fun idea is to wrap some sofa throw pillows with fabric and ribbon. Toss them on your sofa for a festive look.
4. Find or purchase some cute frames and frame pretty gift wrap paper or Christmas cards. Place the frames on a mantel or table or group them on a wall.
5. Fill holiday plates or chargers with ornaments, pinecones, berries and branches. Add candles in hurricane lamp vases and use as a centerpiece.
Try some of these ideas to add a festive look to your home this Holiday Season.